Khanh Hoa Province: Police kidnapped 2 bloggers Nguyen Ngoc Nhu Quynh and Vo Truong Thien - Dân Làm Báo

Khanh Hoa Province: Police kidnapped 2 bloggers Nguyen Ngoc Nhu Quynh and Vo Truong Thien

CTV Danlambao - An urgent message was sent to Danlambao reporting that at 11 am today, 28/03/2015, two bloggers in Nha Trang Nguyen Ngoc Nhu Quynh (Mother Mushroom) and Vo Truong Thien were kidnapped by the police on Nguyen Tat Thanh Ave.

Reportedly, the two bloggers were arrested while on their way to the airport for flight to Hanoi at 12:30 to participate in the meeting with the delegation of the German Federal Parliament at the invitation of the German embassy.

The purpose of the meeting is to share their individual experience as activists and that of the Vietnamese Blogger Network.

The meeting is expected to take place on Sunday, 29/03/2015 with the presence of Professor Norbert Lammert. The kidnapping took place in the context of Hanoi ordered to tighten security to serve the 132rd International Parliamentary Union (IPU).

The two bloggers Nguyen Ngoc Nhu Quynh and Vo Truong Thien are the first to sign for initiating the Human Rights Campaign in 2015 for Vietnam.

There are reports that, two bloggers are currently detained at the headquarters of Khanh Hoa police, address: 80 Tran Phu Street, Nha Trang city. Phone Number: 3525048-3528080


Previously, Central Police Bureau sent 3 consecutive summonses to blogger Mother Mushroom to report to the police headquarters in Khanh Hoa - 80 Tran Phu, Nha Trang regarding " return of property and work on some articles posted on Facebook. " These summons occur around the same time the trial involving the police beating to death student Tu Ngoc Thach is held in Khanh Hoa.


Blogger Mother Mushroom refused and responded that the Central Police Bureau is harassing citizen with these summons from 08/011/2014.


She also wrote on her Facebook:

1. The Central Police Bureau (PA92) using summons to ask me to go to the office the 2nd time, with reason: "" return the property and work on some articles posted on Facebook " , is unlawful. Under the provisions of the Criminal Code, I am not subjected to the application object of the summons form including witnesses, victims, civil plaintiffs, civil defendants, who have rights and obligations to obey the summons by Central Police.

2. The Central Police (PA92) kept in their custody assets seized from me earlier in the month of 7/2014 and the opening of my property arbitrarily without being monitored by me, and then when given back to me some items were missing which they promised would be added later was a violation of law. The Central Police Bureau then uses summons to ask me to come to the station to receive the missing items (the backup battery charger) showed that they had no intention of correcting their own mistakes.

3. Regarding my personal Facebook I wrote a response to the police 08/11/2014 as follows:

- The copying and printing out of my personal posts on Facebook without notifying or asking my opinion is a violation of private property rights agreement between me and FB social network administrators.

- My personal opinion is expressed on FB on public mode, the viewer has the option to read or not. The expressing of my personal view is the answer to the question of Facebook "What are you thinking?" It is the right to freedom of thought.Therefore, if anyone finds it to be bad or abusive, that is the deduction and conclusion drawn by the reader. 

- I had already fulfill my civic responsibility by attending according to the summons. I will not sign any more document at the request of the police again and will work with the officers only with the presence of my lawyer if I get summoned in a criminal case.

So I repeat my point of view here, not only citizens are obliged to follow the laws, but that is also the responsibility of the public authorities.

Legislation is a measure of social norms, not the tools used to harass citizens.
And I, a person persecuted for freedom of speech will choose to fight for the defense of human rights, and will use civil disobedience to protect myself.

* Updates from Facebook Nguyen Tuyet Lan - Mother of blogger Nguyen Ngoc Nhu Quynh: I went to the police of Khanh Hoa Province to look for my daughter, but they did not let me in. The police officer standing guard at the door helped me to ask, but they refused to answer, while standing there to try to get some information , I recognized two regular security officers who usually keep watch at my house, I tried to ask them som questions, but they declined to answer.

I would like to report that until now, at 16h44 ', I have not received any news of my daughter.

Translated by:



Bình Luận

Thời Sự

Chuyên đề

 
http://danlambaovn.blogspot.com/search?max-results=50
Copyright © 2014 Dân Làm Báo