A letter as farewell - Dân Làm Báo

A letter as farewell

Facebooker Luu Gia Lạc /Translate by Jasmine Tran (Danlambao) -Today, teacher Dinh Dang Dinh was admitted to Colombia Gia Dinh Hospital for a check up and IV drip as he has become very frail. After the check up, radiology tests and drip, Dinh returned to his rented room.

It is likely that in a few days, teacher Dinh will return to Daknong to his little house and the school where he once taught. It was from here he raised his voice to fight for a better future for those around him. He hopes, if he must leave this life, to leave from this most special place, a place that marked a sharp turn in all parts of his life.

This status was written following teacher Dinh’s wish to use it as his farewell to all people and communities. His health is deteriorating; his body very feeble, and teacher Dinh has fought for his life until he could no more. He is still clear headed and optimistic, accepting the hard times to come.

- I would like to send my gratitude to all the international organizations and nations that have always defended human rights principles in Vietnam: both in general, and also in my case. I am grateful to all my friends everywhere, for thinking of me and caring for me. I may leave all of you very soon, but I am content with what I have done. I am proud of the love and the trust you have all put in me and in my family. I strongly believe there will be many Vietnamese, as I was, (of all genders and ages) to continue the battle for a happier, kinder and fairer Vietnam.

Here he stopped to catch his breath, then continued:

- On my first days in prison, the first thing I told my prison guards was: “I do not see you as my enemies, and I hope you will do the same towards me. You may be members of the Communist party, even though I am certain my enemy is the single-party Communist regime. You and I, we belong to two opposite sides. However, I believe at the end, all of us will look towards a decent, civilized society, which must be a non-communist society.

He said this as he looked sincerely into my eyes. Beside him, his wife and children stood quietly, drinking in the words he spoke. We held fast to the hands of the brave and respected teacher, our hope kept in the thought of brighter times yet to come.

Yes, this status will be the farewell of teacher Dinh Dang Dinh. He wishes to only use this term - “farewell”.

PS: If you would like to pay him a visit, please contact his daughter Thao at: 01225499324


______________________________________

http://danlambaovn.blogspot.com/2014/03/thay-cho-loi-gia-biet.html


Bình Luận

Thời Sự

Chuyên đề

 
http://danlambaovn.blogspot.com/search?max-results=50
Copyright © 2014 Dân Làm Báo