"When will daddy come home?" - Bao giờ thì bố về... - Dân Làm Báo

"When will daddy come home?" - Bao giờ thì bố về...

Nguyen Tri Dung (English version by Danlambao) - "When will daddy come home?" - My little sister, Bi, anxiously asked at dinner. I kept on eating without a word, while our mother turned to switch on the TV to listen to the news. I don't know how many times her question has been repeated since the day our father was arrested in April 2008, nor do I remember how many times my mother and I answered her in silence. Our meals among the three people and a dog often exist amid the noise coming from the T.V. set... like tonight.

The days preceding the trial of Sept. 24, the security police continued to pay their visits and sent us their "invitations" with ridiculous contents, demanding more "working sessions" with us. Then "the homeless" (a local term I gave to the police in plain clothes) occupied our front door, watching, eating, sleeping, lying, sitting in their car and on the sidewalk. Any of us who stepped out of the house could immediately hear their shouting, calling on each other to block us, or to follow us on their motocycles. They often followed us so closely that we could smell the foul breath from these heartless machines living off cigarettes. My mother and I could have predicted the unjust sentence that the authorities would give my father at the trial, just from our observation of the facts that the authorities had given a green light allowing their "thugs-for-hire" to beat up my mother in Bac Lieu city, and to chase after me with the intention to stage a traffic accident. The days before the trial, the authorities' threats became more and more overt.

5 a.m. on the trial day, Sept. 24, 2012: 

In front of our residence's communal gate, which was not yet open for the day, a few security police, local security guards, and more than five plain-clothed agents were already sitting in their truck, talking, laughing loudly and sharing cigarettes. There was hardly a soul yet in the street at this early hour of the morning, which made their conversation and laughter echoed so loudly that even from the high balcony, I could hear them clearly. Nevertheless, instead of listening to them and figuring out what it was that made them talk so cheerfully among themselves, I began to think of how they would be arresting me and my baby sister this morning...

The "homeless" with their truck

6:30 a.m.: 

My sister and I were ready to leave: her off to school and I, to the court house. My thought at that moment was simple: "Education is important. I am a free individual. I have never committed any crime. I, myself have been forbidden to continue my studies. It would be absurd for me to think that these security police would lose any last ounce of humanity left within them to stop my baby sister from going to school too. I would just simply take my sister to school. There would be nothing to worry about". But I was wrong... they didn't need any logical reason. When I came out, a guard wearing a plain shirt rushed out to call over more than seven agents, in police uniform as well as in plain clothes, and they all tried to stop us. The agent wearing the yellow shirt (photo attached) blocked me off and tried to snatch the key from my motorcycle's ignition. He screamed: "where do ya think y're going?". "Your wearing black is an offence...", "Committing an offence results in your coming with us to the police station"... Surely you could guess all kinds of naive questions that I would have thrown back at them such as "why would wearing black be an offence?", "what offence did I commit?", "who are you people?" etc. ... unfortunately instead of answering me, they all rushed in to twist my arms behind my back, and pushed, and pulled me out from my motorcycle. All the while another plain-clothed agent with a challenging look on his face, took out his mobile phone to make a call.

My little sister, Bi, bursted out in tears. The agent in a plain shirt called over another local security guard. The latter suggested that I complied and went along with him. I knew it would not be good for my sister to witness any more of this so I turned my head back to quickly tell my sister: "go back upstairs and protect yourself"; all the while these self-claimed to be security police twisted my arms to the back and kicked me as they would capture a wild animal ... I didn't know if my sister could hear anything I said to her in the midst of all the senseless screaming and shouting of these distorted individuals. I only remembered that when we reached the street, I turned back to see my little sister still standing crying at the bottom of the stairs. Some neighbours in the building who unfortunately had to witness all this were quickly rushing by to avoid these loud and aggressive assailants.

When approaching closer to the street, I was pushed hard and tight into the metal rod of their truck, I yelled out several times: "what did I do wrong?". I was trying to test the degree of desensitization of the bystanders. De-sensitized or scared? I asked myself of their inaction? Maybe both. It meant the same thing when one faced against the skillful and machine-like oppression from these non-uniformed, no-identity individuals, but above all, when they would bear no responsibility, no accountability for whatever they did. So I was utterly alone, by myself, I still naively screamed those 4 words until they grabbed my hair and pushed my head in first inside their truck. These nameless individuals hastily answered my question with both their "body language" and with words: they punched and kicked me non-stop and at the same time, cursed me "F...you! what offence? what offence you asked???" ....

Local district security police, ward police, neighbourhood police ... I knew all their faces and they were all there. These local agents were careful not to engage directly in beating me but were very actively helping the act by blocking off the street and chasing away curious bystanders.

No-identity agents

I, Nguyen Tri Dung, who not only had a direct interest in the trial but more importantly was an immediate family member of the accused's - my father's. I was someone who should have received a notice to attend the trial and also to provide witness statements for the defence regarding the allegations against my father, when called upon. I was someone who should not have been absent at the so-called public trial. But on the contrary, this someone was "kidnapped" as the first one of the many arrests to follow during the course of Sept. 24.

Clip of my arrest

In less than 3 minutes later:

The truck that captured me turned on its siren and raced to the police station in hostility. The two plain-clothed police breathed heavily as they tried to hold me down tightly in the back seat. Suddenly I thought of my dad on the day that he was arrested and taken to the police station in this same manner. He was consistently treated this way back in early 2008 until he left Saigon to go to Dalat city for health care treatment, and there he was arrested urgently on April 19, 2008. That was 9 days before the Beijing Olympic torch was to be relayed in Saigon.

My father - blogger Dieucay Nguyen Van Hai and his friends
with posters saying Paracel and Spratly islands belong to VN

I stepped down of the truck and saw on all sides, local security police, local security guards, and plain-clothed agents. In the wind, the smell of burnt cigarettes seemed to have been awaiting the arrival of my black shirt that day. I took an effort to stand up straight so that they could see and read my black shirt clearly before Mr. Tran Song Nam directed two nameless agents to pull me into a "working room". I knew the faces of these two nameless agents well because they had been persistently staking out in front of our house every time there was a foreign reporter, an international human rights organization, or a foreign diplomat who came to Vietnam and the authorities suspected that these concerned "foreigners" might have requested a meeting with our family regarding my dad's trial. These two agents were so predictable and persistent to the point that I voluntarily changed their job duty to that of an "alarm clock": each time I saw their faces snooping in front of our house, I immediately knew there ought to be something important concerning my dad and my family that I needed to know.

These two nameless faces sat across from me and asked me trivial questions. I answered their questions with always the same question: "what did I do wrong?". That stopped them from talking. With sniggers, they took out a mobile phone to take pictures of me.

The loud conversation exchange coming from their Motorola devices cut short our trivial questioning: "A2 reporting, there are 7 people wearing black walking from Ky Dong St. direction". One of them quickly turned the volume of his reporting device lower. However another agent standing outside of the room, on the other side of the iron-barred window, replied to the other party on the Motorola phone device, that helped me put together the rest of their report: "Remember to arrest them immediately at the waiting area... Try not to move the barricade..." These two nameless then rushed out of the room without failing to signal another local security guard to use a chair to jam shut my detention room's door, and to sit on the outside watching me, who just became "their prisoner". To satisfy my curiosity, I put my ears to the iron bars of the window to listen to their chasing, arresting and reporting coming from their Motorola reporting devices coming from outside. Like a little kid hiding behind a stage curtain to sneak a peak at the show without paying for the show ticket, I overheard that: "the black-coloured clothes have been coming from all directions now towards the court house". Then each individual wearing black was either arrested and taken to the police station or forced to turn back home: "Tell them either go to the station or go home", "arrested because they occupied the sidewalk, blocking the traffic", "arrested for administrative questioning" ... It was all from a male, older voice who quickly gave direct orders for the arrests over the reporting device...

8:20 am:

All of a sudden, the local police station of Ward 6, District 3 became noisy. From the iron-barred- window, I saw more than one truck racing into the driveway. I caught a glimpse of my mother who was being pulled down the truck by four plain-clothed agents. They twisted her arms backward and lifted her off the ground. She was resisting with all her might against their arbitrary arrest. An older agent in a white shirt was giving orders to other plain-clothed police to rush in to "beat the f. out of her", referring to my mother and also to the other women who were wearing black who had just been brought in. I noticed among them, female blogger, Thuc Vi, the two sisters of blogger Ta Phong Tan, the co-accused on the same trial with my dad, (Ms. Ta Minh Tu and Ms. Ta Khoi Phung), and Father Thanh from the Redemptorist church, who was holding in his arms Ms. Tu's baby boy. They were all roughed up badly then pushed and pulled into the courtyard of the police station. I screamed and yelled out to them: "Mom, mom are you hurt? Miss, aunties, uncles, are you ok?" Then I held my breath to watch each of them being pulled across the courtyard. Each person was kept in one detaining room. The noises died down. Then every now and then there was a loud screech or a kick into the door that made my imagination reacted ...

Then a security police agent in full uniform with an army crew haircut walked in. As he was wiping off the sweats trickling down on his chin, and telling the local security guard who had been watching me: "F***. just like fighting in battles"

Short of 9 am (from behind the iron-barred window): 

The phone was ringing off the hook that caused Mr. Vu Van Hien to cry out angrily: "why nobody answers the damn phone?". There was a female voice answering him, whose face I couldn't see: "there is some jerk who has been calling non-stop, asking for Mr. Nam, questioning why we arrested people". The phone kept ringing, and as if without thinking, Mr. Hien picked up the phone and said: "we don't arrest anyone here", then slammed the phone down. (Days afterwards I learned from a friend who told me that there had been some supporters who used the nicknames of "brother Five, and brother Seven", who even during their working hours and shifts, kept calling to demand the police to release those detained. I deeply appreciate all those who showed their concerns and took quick, timely and persistent action to support us that day).

Perhaps the security police was well trained in "prisoner" psyche, knowing that I would be bored out of my mind, so they let a local ward police officer who wore no badge nor name tag to enter my detention room twice. The first time he threw on the desk some paper and a pen and said to me "write your report now". I asked: "report about what?" what did I do wrong?". I was terribly amused with his answer: "why you were arrested, you write it down! Those who arrested you were not police agents from this ward, so I don't know why you were arrested. Now I am a police officer of this ward, I ask you to answer me why you were arrested". I said clearly: "the security police truck, the local police officers all assisted in my arrest this morning, I've been asking the authorities to inform me of the reasons why I am being detained, now you're asking me to provide you with the reasons why I'm being held??? I honestly don't know what to say to you." He was silent for a few seconds, then left the room, but not before he threw back over his shoulder a last warning: "if you don't write your report now, then just sit there, if you'd like; until you're allowed to go home". Then he signaled the local security guard to bar the door using a metal chair. The second time it was when Mr. Hien who was standing outside of the iron-barred window giving the order: "strip his black shirt and file it as evidence". This time, the same security police agent re-entered my room and said: "wearing this T-shirt is an offence. Take it off yourself." But he could not answer me why wearing this black shirt was an offence, so he left the room again. But again, not without threatening that if "you don't take it off yourself, we'll force you to take it off".

The Free Dieucay, Taphongtan, Anhbasaigon T-shirt
2 p.m.:

Words came with action. Mr. Vu Van Hien and five local security guards and a few plain-clothed agents approached my detention room. My mother who was detained in the next room had been released and was ordered to go home immediately. Knowing that I was still detained there, my mom rushed over but was stopped by Mr. Hien and some others. This time, the minute the metal chair barring the door was removed, an agent in a blue/green T-shirt barged in quickly with a threatening voice: "I'm telling you to take your black shirt off yourself, nobody wants to do it the hard way". I asked: "how is wearing black wrong?". He replied: "The sentence was handed out at trial. Now you keep on wearing this shirt is a violation of the law". I was straightforward: "if you want to take it by force, you can, but I believe I did nothing wrong, so I'm not taking it off voluntarily". Another agent rushed over to pull off my shirt. The strange thing I noted was that while he was trying to pull off my black shirt, he kept saying loudly "yes, good!, you take it off yourself. It is so much easier this way, isn't it?". I assumed they were recording it to fabricate evidence later that they were not applying force on me and that I volunteered to take off my black shirt by myself, so I said loudly "No, I am not taking it off myself". Upon hearing it, Mr. Hien who was trying to stop my mom outside of my detention room, turned and cursed at me "do you believe I would break your f. mother's neck? Freedom, my dick!!!" (sorry for my repeating his exact vulgar words). He then ordered the rest of them to come into the room and to forcibly strip me off of my black T-shirt. When they succeeded taking it off, the agent in the green/blue T-shirt tried to push my neck down so that he could force over my head one of their shirts. I resisted as long as I could, and upon seeing that his agents could not pull over me the shirt that they had prepared for me, Mr. Hien yelled out: "let him f... naked going home". And that was the last sentence I heard from an official before leaving the ward 6, district 3 police station on the memorable day of Sept. 24, 2012.

Walked home with my mom
My mom and I walked home. She told me in anger that they sentenced my dad to 12 years of prison term and 5 years of house arrest. So there it was: after the record-breaking long period of temporary detention followed by another long investigative detention, was a record-breaking short trial, ended by a long jail sentence that was also record-breaking unjust.

Later, our defence lawyer gave me and my mom the following update of the court proceedings that morning:

- There was no examination nor cross-examination between counsel and witnesses, and absolutely no cross-examination between witnesses and the defendants.

- All defence counsels were cut off while they were giving their defence statements, and the defendants were also cut short while speaking.

- There were 3 witnesses (for the prosecution) out of 10 in total, were present at the trial. When questioned by the defence, the prosecutor could not present any written statement from the rest of the witnesses asking to be excused from trial. So these 3 witnesses were the only "evidence" used in court that morning to find the defendants guilty of their offences.

- The evidence in regard to "propaganda" and "causing serious damage to national security" were not presented nor disclosed in any way by the prosecution, despite the repeated requests from the defence.

- The whole trial lasted 5.5 hours for a guilty sentence that must have been pre-calculated to push my dad over the average age of life expectancy in Vietnam: 70 years.

There were too many thoughts inside my head that I was still trying to process, so instead of showing my anger, I just kept walking in silence. The bystanders in the street seemed to have regained a little of their sensitivity and concerns, they now pointed at me, talked among themselves and laughed at us. I remained half-naked and came home with my mom while the grey sky was getting ready to downpour its evening rain.



Bao giờ thì Bố về... Chuyện kể của con trai blogger Điếu Cày Nguyễn Văn Hải

"Bao giờ thì bố về vậy?" - Con bé Bi (bé Yến) lại nhấp nhỏm hỏi giữa bữa cơm tối. Tôi ngồi ăn không nói, còn mẹ thì xoay sang bật tivi để nghe thời sự. Chẳng biết câu hỏi này của nó đã lặp lại lần bao nhiêu từ dạo bố bị bắt từ tháng 4 năm 2008. Cũng chẳng nhớ mẹ và tôi đã trả lời nó bằng sự im lặng bao nhiêu lần... Bữa cơm ba người và một con chó vẫn thường văng vẳng tiếng tivi nói cười như vậy.

Những ngày trước phiên xử 24 tháng 9 công an liên tục đến hỏi thăm và gửi những giấy mời với nội dung vô lý. Những người "vô gia cư" sau đó cứ lam lũ đến trước cửa nhà trông ngóng, ăn, ngủ, nằm ngồi vô tội vạ trên xe và vỉa hè. Chỉ cần bước xuống nhà là nghe tiếng hô hoán, vẫy gọi nhau để đón đường hoặc kè xe. Có xe ép sát đến nỗi có thể ngửi thấy hơi thở hôi hám của những cỗ máy sống bằng thuốc lá này. Tôi và mẹ đã có thể đoán được bản án sẽ vô cùng bất công qua cách công an bật đèn xanh thậm chí hỗ trợ cho những tên côn đồ đánh đập mẹ tôi tại Bạc Liêu, cũng như tìm cách ép xe tôi. Công khai thể hiện sự đe dọa. 

Năm giờ sáng ngày xử bố 24 tháng 9: 

Trước cánh cổng chung cư còn chưa mở, vài công an, dân phòng và hơn năm người mặc thường phục chễm chệ trên xe bán tải chuyên dụng đã ngồi cười nói và chia nhau điếu thuốc từ bao giờ. Đường còn vắng nên tiếng họ cười nói vang vang dù ở ban công cũng có thể nghe thấy. Nhưng thay vì tò mò nghe xem họ nói gì vui thế, tôi bắt đầu suy nghĩ xem họ sẽ bắt tôi và em tôi như thế nào... 

Xe bán tải và những người "vô gia cư"
Sáu giờ rưỡi sáng: 

Tôi và em gái đã sửa soạn xong để em đến trường còn anh lên tòa án. Tôi nghĩ đơn giản "Chuyện học là quan trọng, tôi là người tự do và không phạm pháp. Bản thân tôi đã bị ngăn cấm chuyện học, không lẽ họ mất hết tính người ngăn cản cả em tôi. Chuyện tôi chở em đến trường là không phải e ngại". Nhưng tôi sai! Bọn họ không cần lý lẽ. Khi tôi vừa đi xuống, một người mặc áo sơ mi chạy ra gọi hơn bảy người cả sắc phục lẫn thường phục ùa vào chặn bắt. Tên mặc áo thun vàng chặn đầu xe tìm cách giật chìa khóa ra và hỏi "mày đi đâu...? Mặc áo đen là vi phạm... Vi phạm thì đi lên phường." Chắc ai cũng đoán được tôi sẽ quẳng vào họ những câu hỏi ngây ngô như "mặc áo đen có gì sai?""tôi vi phạm cái gì?"; "các người là ai?"... Nhưng thay cho việc trả lời, họ đồng loạt lao vào bẻ tay lôi tôi ra trong khi một người mặc thường phục vẻ mặt thách thức cầm điện thoại quay lại. 

Bé Bi bật khóc. Tên mặc áo sơ mi liền đưa tay vẫy người mặc sắc phục dân phòng đang chặn xe máy ngang cổng chung cư chạy vào. Người này đề nghị "em đi với anh". Thấy chuyện không tốt lành tôi ngoái lại dặn em "phải lên nhà tự bảo vệ mình" trong lúc những người vô danh tự xưng công an bẻ tay tôi ra sau lưng và đạp vào cẳng chân tôi như bắt một con thú hoang... Chẳng biết con Bi có còn nghe tôi dặn dò gì giữa tiếng la hét vô nghĩa của những con người méo mó kia không? Chỉ nhớ đến đầu ngõ tôi ngoái thấy nó vẫn đứng khóc ở chân cầu thang. Những người hàng xóm trong chung cư "chẳng may" được chứng kiến cũng vội vàng lướt qua đám đông sừng sộ. 

Sát đến mé đường, bị ép chặt vào thành sắt chiếc bán tải. Tôi la to "tôi làm gì sai?" nhiều lần, như là một phép thử cho mức độ bàng quan của người qua đường. Bàng quan hay sợ hãi?! Có lẽ đều giống nhau trước sự chuyên nghiệp và máy móc của những con người không mặc sắc phục, không tên tuổi, và trên hết là họ không phải chịu trách nhiệm bất cứ việc gì họ làm. Một thân một mình, tôi vẫn hồn nhiên hét bốn chữ đó cho đến khi bị nắm đầu vào trong chiếc bán tải. Những người vô danh vội vã trả lời bằng cả ngôn ngữ cơ thể lẫn lời nói. Họ vừa đấm đá túi bụi vừa nói "Đ* M*! có tội gì hả. có tội gì hả!?"... 

Công an khu vực, công an phường, và dân phòng quen mặt của khu phố tôi sống đều có mặt. Họ cẩn thận không tham gia trực tiếp đánh đập tôi, nhưng rất nhiệt tình hỗ trợ chặn đường và đuổi những bà con hiếu kỳ. 

Những người "vô danh"

Tôi, Nguyễn Trí Dũng. Người không những có quyền lợi nghĩa vụ liên quan trong vụ án mà còn là thân nhân ruột thịt của bố tôi. Người mà lẽ ra phải có giấy mời triệu tập đến tòa án để tham dự và chứng thực những bằng chứng buộc tội khi cần thiết. Người lẽ ra không thể vắng mặt tại phiên tòa "công khai" này lại bị "bắt cóc" trong cuộc chặn bắt có thể xem là đầu tiên của ngày 24 tháng 9.

Clip công an bắt người

Chưa đầy 3 phút sau: 

Chiếc xe bắt tôi hụ còi lao đến phường như bay, hai người mặc thường phục thở phì phào ghì chặt tôi xuống ghế sau. Tôi bất chợt nghĩ đến bố tôi những ngày ông đã phải lên phường theo cùng một cách này suốt đầu năm 2008 đến khi ông bỏ đi Đà Lạt để chữa bệnh và bị bắt khẩn cấp ngày 19 tháng 4 năm 2008, 9 ngày trước khi ngọn đuốc Bắc Kinh đi qua Sài Gòn. 

Tôi bước xuống xe thấy bốn bề là công an phường, dân phòng và những người mặc thường phục vô danh. Trong gió đã khét khói thuốc và cả sự chờ đợi của họ dành cho màu áo đen tôi từ bao giờ. Tôi đứng thẳng để họ được ngắm cho kỹ trước khi ông Trần Song Nam chỉ đạo hai người vô danh lôi tôi vào phòng "họp". Hai người vô danh đó tôi biết, vì đã mòn mặt ngồi trước cổng nhà tôi mỗi khi có bất kỳ nhà báo, tổ chức bảo vệ nhân quyền, quan chức chính trị ngoại quốc... đến Việt Nam và có khả năng gặp gỡ gia đình tôi. Mòn mặt đến nỗi tôi đã tự ý chuyển đổi chức năng của các anh thành cái chuông báo, mỗi khi thấy xuất hiện là chắc rằng có gì đó tôi cần phải biết. 

Hai người này vào ngồi đối diện và hỏi thăm tôi những câu hỏi vu vơ. Tôi trả lời câu hỏi bằng câu hỏi "tôi làm gì sai?" thì hai người này ngừng nói. Chỉ lấy điện thoại ra chụp hình tôi rồi cười khẩy. 

Tiếng điện đàm Motorola dắt trên túi áo vang vang cắt ngang cuộc nói chuyện không tên: "A2 báo cáo, có bảy người mặc đồ đen đi ra từ hướng Kỳ Đồng", một người vội lấy tay kéo volume của máy xuống. Nhưng tiếng một người tôi không thấy mặt đứng ngoài song sắt trả lời vọng lại đã cho tôi nốt phần còn lại của đoạn hội thoại "Nhớ bắt ngay ở những chỗ chờ, cố gắng đừng kéo hàng rào..." Vội vã đi ra, nhưng hai người vô danh không quên phẩy tay gọi một dân phòng của phường ra chốt cánh cửa lại và bắt ghế ngồi trông "thằng tù" tôi. Để thỏa trí tò mò tôi gióng tai qua song sắt cửa sổ để nghe diễn biến cuộc vây bắt đang diễn ra qua tiếng điện đàm vang vang. Như đứa trẻ nấp sau cánh gà nghe lậu vở cải lương, tôi nghe được màu áo đen đã đổ về từ mọi hướng, rồi lần lượt mỗi người được mời về phường hoặc tống tiễn về nhà. "Bảo nó lên phường hay về nhà"; "Bắt vì tội lấn chiếm lòng lề đường, cản trở giao thông"; "Bắt để kiểm tra hành chính"... một giọng nam đứng tuổi liến thoắng chỉ đạo qua điện đàm... 

Tám giờ hai mươi phút: 

Bất chợt trụ sở công an Phường 6 Quận 3 trở nên ồn ào, từ song sắt cửa sổ tôi thấy nhiều hơn một chiếc bán tải lao vào trong phường. Tôi nhác thấy mẹ tôi bị bốn người đàn ông thường phục kéo từ xe ra rồi bẻ tay xốc bổng lên. Bà phản kháng mãnh liệt vì họ đã bắt bà vô lý cớ, còn một người đứng tuổi mặc áo sơ mi trắng liên tục văng tục chỉ đạo những tay chân vô danh lao vào, người này lớn tiếng dọa "đánh chết m*" mẹ tôi và những người mặc áo đen đang kêu gào. Blogger Hoàng Vi, hai chị em cô Tạ Minh Tú và Tạ Khởi Phụng lần lượt bị lao vào giằng kéo, rồi cha Thanh của Dòng Chúa Cứu Thế tay đang bế con trai cô Tú bị hai cảnh sát giao thông áp tải vào trong sân của trụ sở. Tôi la hét chán rồi nín thở nhìn từng người bị lôi ngang qua sân. Mỗi người một phòng. Tiếng lầm rầm lắng lại. Cứ cách quãng lại có tiếng la hét hay đạp cửa khiến cho trí tưởng tượng của tôi phải nhảy múa... 

Mẹ có đau không? Các cô các chú có sao không?... 

Có một công an mặc sắc phục đầu đinh đi vào, vừa lấy vai áo lau mồ hôi ở cằm, anh này nhìn anh dân phòng đang ngồi canh "tù" mà rằng "Đ* M*, y như đánh trận". 

Chín giờ kém (từ phía sau song sắt): 

Điện thoại của phường đổ chuông liên hồi làm ông trung tá công an Vũ Văn Hiển phát cáu "sao không đứa nào nhấc máy". Tiếng một phụ nữ tôi không thấy mặt trả lời "có thằng cha nào đó cứ đòi gặp ông Nam, hỏi tại sao bắt người". Rồi như không cần suy nghĩ, ông Hiển nhấc máy lên vài giây rồi nói "ở đây không bắt ai hết" và cúp máy. (Sau này tình cờ một người bạn mới hỏi thăm tôi và nói cho tôi biết một người có nickname "anh năm anh bảy" dù đang phải đi làm nhưng đã gọi liên tục để yêu cầu thả người, tôi rất lấy làm cảm ơn mọi người đã quan tâm và có hành động kịp thời đến như vậy). 

Có lẽ công an phường rất tâm lý khi biết tôi buồn chán nên đã cho một công an phường không có bảng tên vào hỏi thăm tôi hai lần. Lần thứ nhất người này đem theo giấy bút quăng ra bàn nói "viết tường trình đi". Tôi hỏi "tường trình gì chú? tôi làm sai cái gì?" thì được chọc cười bằng câu trả lời sau "tại sao mày bị bắt lên đây thì ghi lại! Những người bắt mày không phải công an phường, tao không biết. Bây giờ công an phường hỏi mày thì mày trả lời". Tôi nói rõ "xe công an và công an khu vực đã hỗ trợ bắt tôi, tôi đang yêu cầu cho biết tại sao bị bắt. Giờ chú hỏi ngược lại vậy, tôi bó tay". Lặng im vài giây người này liền bỏ đi. Lúc quay lưng đi ra chú công an vô danh không quên bỏ lại vài câu "giờ không làm tường trình gì hết thì cứ ngồi, ngồi chán thì về". Rồi phẩy tay cho anh dân phòng chốt cửa và bưng cái ghế sắt chèn cửa lại. Lần thứ hai là lúc ông Hiển đứng ngoài song sắt cửa sổ ra lệnh "thu áo lập biên bản", vẫn người công an phường này lại vào bảo "mặc áo này là vi phạm, mày tự cởi áo ra", nhưng rồi vẫn không trả lời được là "mặc áo thun đen vi phạm chỗ nào" nên người này lại đi ra. Vẫn không quên thị uy người này nói "không cởi thì tiến hành cưỡng chế..." 

Chiếc áo đen "FREE" bị trấn lột
Hai giờ chiều:

Nói là làm. Ông Vũ Văn Hiển cùng năm dân phòng và vài người mặc thường phục đã tiến đến trước cửa phòng "họp". Mẹ tôi bị giam ở phòng bên đã được thả ra và được yêu cầu về nhà ngay. Biết tôi còn ở bên trong nên bà đã lao sang và bị ông Hiển cùng vài dân phòng chặn lại. Ngay khi dân phòng mở chốt và kéo cái ghế sắt đang chèn cửa ra, một người mặc áo thun xanh lao vào giọng đe dọa "bây giờ anh nói nhỏ nhẹ mày tự cởi áo ra, không ai muốn phải làm theo cách khó hết". Tôi bảo "mặc áo thun có gì sai?" thì được trả lời "án đã tuyên rồi bây giờ mày mặc áo thun này là vi phạm pháp luật". Tôi thẳng thừng "muốn cưỡng chế thì anh cứ làm, tôi không làm gì sai tôi không phải tự cởi". Một dân phòng nhảy vào kéo áo tôi ra, lạ ở chỗ là người này vừa cởi áo tôi vừa nói "đúng rồi, mày tự cởi áo vậy có phải dễ không". Tôi đoán rằng họ ghi âm để ngụy tạo bằng chứng họ không cưỡng chế tôi nên tôi nói lớn "tôi không tự cởi". Lúc này ông Vũ Văn Hiển đang chặn mẹ tôi quay sang văng tục "mày có tin tao bẻ cổ chết m* mày không, tự do con c*t..." và thúc những người khác cũng xông vào cưỡng chế, lập tức khi áo đen bị kéo ra. Người mặc áo thun xanh nhảy vào ghì cổ tôi xuống để cưỡng chế tôi lần thứ hai. Cưỡng chế tôi mặc áo sơ mi của họ chuẩn bị sẵn. Thấy họ đánh vật mà không mặc được áo vào cho tôi, ông Hiển quát "kệ mẹ nó cởi trần đi về" và đó cũng là câu cuối cùng mà tôi được nghe trước khi rời trụ sở công an phường 6 quận 3 ngày 24 tháng 9 đầy kỷ niệm... 

cùng với mẹ Dương Thị Tân

Tôi và mẹ đi bộ về, bà cho tôi biết họ đã vội vã tuyên án bố tôi 12 năm tù và 5 năm quản chế trong sự phẫn nộ. Như vậy, sau một thời lượng tạm giam và điều tra dài kỷ lục, là một phiên xét xử ngắn kỷ lục, kết lại bằng một bản án cũng bất công kỷ lục. 

Luật sư đã cập nhật cho tôi và mẹ biết qua những dòng súc tích sau: 

- Không có đối đáp giữa luật sư và nhân chứng, càng không có đối đáp giữa nhân chứng và bị cáo. 

- Tất cả luật sư đều bị cắt ngang khi đang đọc bài bào chữa, bị cáo bị cắt lời khi đang nói. 

- Nhân chứng (thứ duy nhất được dùng để buộc tội) có mặt 3/10 người, và thẩm phán đã không thể trưng ra những giấy "xin vắng mặt" của các nhân chứng còn lại khi LS yêu cầu. 

- Bằng chứng "tuyên truyền" hay việc "gây tổn hại nghiêm trọng" đã không được trưng ra dù nhiều lần cả bố tôi và luật sư yêu cầu... 

- Phiên tòa năm tiếng rưỡi cho một bản án được tính toán là sẽ đẩy bố tôi đến ngưỡng "tuổi thọ trung bình của người Việt Nam" là 70 tuổi. 

Quá nhiều suy nghĩ trong đầu, thay vì tức giận tôi lặng im bước đi. Người dưng trên phố giờ như đã tìm lại được chút quan tâm, họ chỉ trỏ rồi nói cười. Tôi ở trần về nhà với mẹ trong lúc trời bắt đầu âm u cơn mưa chiều. 

Bình Luận

Thời Sự

Chuyên đề

Copyright © 2014 Dân Làm Báo