From the Editor: This is few remarks of the author about the letter Deputy Prime Minister, Hoang Trung Hai (HTH) to Nguyen Thi Binh, Vice President of Communist Vietnam on December 16, 2008 - The reply of the Deputy Prime Minister Hoang Trung Hai responded to the Vice President of Vietnam Communist CS Nguyen Thi Binh after receiving her comment letter on the exploitation of bauxite ore in Dak Nong can cause much environmental and climatic harm to the vast "South Central" (ie South Central Vietnam). See Note below.
Who is Hoang Trung Hai?
Since the beginning of 2008, many newspapers in Vietnam have reported on the exploitation of bauxite ore in the Central Highlands of Vietnam with many titles as follows:
- Nguoi Viet published an article that shocked the public: "China almost grasped all the mineral mines in Vietnam";
- Tuoi Tre newspaper publishes "Vietnamese enterprises in the name of the Chinese digging for "minerals", in which Nguyen Van Thuan, General Director of the General Department of Geology and Minerals (Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment) said "f or example, in the north, more than 60% of the mines have traces of businesses from China. The Chinese are almost behind our mining operations."; "If it continues to dig, it will be a catastrophe for the country. If we do not exploit resources, our children continue to exploit in the future";
- The New Life newspaper with the title "Disseminating the reality that the Chinese disguise as private enterprises of Vietnam exploring the minerals";
- Dat Viet newspaper stated: "The Chinese are behind the mining of Vietnam minerals"; Next day, "China wants to take over the mining industry of Vietnam"; And then again, "60% of mining licenses sold to China are ... modest!", quoted Dr. Nguyen Thanh Son as saying that 60% of mining license was sold to China is also "modest "and does not adequately reflect the magnitude of the situation:" The consequence is that mineral resources are cheaply sold, exploited brutally, and the environment is compromised. No one will take responsibility”.
Behind all the above-mentioned projects, the Chinese “hairy hands” could be seen everywhere, it is actually very simple and easy to understand. That is the Vice Prime Minister Hoàng Trung Hải (HTH) in charge of economic Hoang Trung Hai is a Han Chinese in disguise. Previously, there was a Hanh's heart in the name of the Han Chinese, whose father was Sai Su, who was born in Long Khe, Zhangzhou, Fujian, China.
And the person who directly promoted Hoang Trung Hai to the second most important seat in the new government: Deputy Prime Minister in charge of the economy (from August 2, 2007) for the purpose of carrying out the above projects.
Hoang Trung Hai titles held by consumers are:
- Directly in charge of the Ministry of Industry and Trade, Agriculture and Rural Development, Construction, Transportation, and Natural Resources and Environment.
- Chairman of the National Water Resources Council;
- Head of the State Committee for key oil and gas projects;
- Head of the Committee for Coordination in the Development of Key Economic Zones;
- Head of the National Target Program to respond to climate change;
- Head of Central Committee on housing policy and real estate market;
- Chairman of the Committee for Planning and Investment for Construction of the Capital Region of Hanoi;
- Head of the State Committee for major projects and projects of the Transport sector;
- Head of the National Committee for Ninh Thuan Nuclear Power Project;
- Chairman of the Committee of the Son La Hydropower Project;
- Head of the State Committee for the Construction of the National Museum of History;
- Chairman of the National Assembly House Steering Committee;
- Head of the State Committee for Basic Surveys of Natural Resources and Environment;
- Head of the State Committee on Electricity Planning VI;
- Head of the State Committee on National Electricity Development Plan;
- Head of ODA (National Development Aid);
- Chairman of the National Civil Aviation Security Committee;
- Chairman of the National Committee for Search and Rescue, etc.
Khu mộ nhà Hoàng Trung Hải ở làng Sơn Đồng, Quỳnh Giao,
Quỳnh Phụ, Thái Bình (dòng chữ trên cột vàng bên trái: Hoa Kiều Tiêu Hữu Tổng Mộ)
We imagine a person with such an important role as above, whether only a... dummy or a "robot" only!
It all means Vice Prime Minister Hoang Trung Hai almost fully grasp the whole economy of Vietnam in his hand.
And Formosa Hung Nghiep Steel Company, Vung Ang in 2013: It is the Deputy Prime Minister Economic Affairs Hoang Trung Hai licensed through Official Letter No. 323 / TTg-QHQT March 4, 2013 "agree on policy for Formosa Heavy Industries Group - Taiwan to set up the project of steel mill and Son Duong deep-water port in Vung Ang economic zone, Ha Tinh province "and Official Letter No. 869 / TTg-QHQT dated 6 / June 2008 "agreed with Formosa Heavy Industries Group to carry out the project to build a steel complex and Son Duong Port in Vung Ang Economic Zone, Ha Tinh Province." (See Note 2).
Most recently, on August 13, 2017 the staff of the "congestion" in BOT Cai Lay, and after the "Cai Lay fall" caused a series of traffic boils exposed. According to Official Letter No. 1908 / TTg-KTN dated 11/11/2013, Hoang Trung Hai only agreed to build a road to avoid national highway 1 through Cai Lay town, not mention to the QL1 road surface reinforcement. Does he have any self-reproach or continue to "pitch foot" as in the environmental disaster named "Formosa Ha Tinh" that he is the culprit?
Last but not least, in 9 years holding the second most important position in the government (just after the Prime Minister), Hoang Trung Hai has also contributed to deciding on the "achievements" of the Hanoi planning shred, or "surging" 90% of national key infrastructure projects for China, etc.
The question is whether, thanks to these "achievements" or for any other reason, the former Deputy Prime Minister had blatantly stepped into the Ministry of Sovereignty and then "grasped" the party apparatus - government - HaNoi's army Inside the "thousand years of culture and civilization from the 12th Congress?
The article would add to the task and role of Hoang Trung Hai in a typical task is to exploit Bauxite in the Central Highlands of Vietnam
2. Contents of Hoang Trung Hai's letter of explanation
Recognizing that there are "many" explanations in the letter representing an unscientific and completely unsophisticated spirit, in the name of a scientist who specializes in the purification of liquid and mud waste (sludge), the writer will analyze each point one letter in turn.
The letter consists of four pages. The first page discusses the generalization of the site as well as the decision of the Xth Party Congress on the direction of social development in 2006-2010; That led to Decision 167 of the Communist Party General Nguyen Tan Dung on 1/11/2007.
Stage of exploitation is expected to deploy 6 projects, but in 2010 only exploit 3 only. They are Tan Rai (Lam Dong), Nhan Co (Dak Nong) and Kon Ha (Gia Lai). The following pages describe the planning, environmental impact, and problem-solving approach:
3. On transport planning
"The policy of building the Tay Nguyen-Binh Thuan railway line and the seaport in Hon Ke Ga (Binh Thuan province) to serve the transportation and consumption of alumina products, ensuring synchrony with the exploitation and processing of bauxite ores and combine freight and passengers, contributing to the socio-economic development of the Central Highlands is a prerequisite condition has been directed by the Prime Minister".
According to the above plan, we find that the Central Highlands of Viet Nam is at a height of 400 to 600 meters above sea level, and the hills from west to east are often interrupted by deep valleys. Setting up a railroad is not easy in a hilly, rolling mountain. With the financial status and professional skills of the personnel available in the place, the construction must take at least 5 years (!) After the implementation of technical details for the project... Just as the construction of Binh Thuan port needs to be done in parallel, it can be put into operation. Therefore, only these two projects show that the timetable for implementation will certainly not be as planned and only in the planning of the "state".
In addition, the content, as well as purpose, built just to "serve" the transport of alumina. The author further speculates that net aluminum transport in mining will never be carried out as it is not included in the above planning!
And until today (21/8/2017), there is no 1m railway that is "lined" on this "virtual" railway!
4. On water and electricity for the project
"The water supply is mainly from the Dong Nai River (with an average flow of 11m3/s) and some streams in the area. alumina (for example at the Dak Nong project, three 3x30 MW generating units are planned) and the national grid." (2)
In a number of "remedies" later and in the details of the project, the writer is known to be in the planning to carry out a hydropower plant in De Tuat with a capacity of 144 MW and taking water from four large lakes running along the Serpent River to supply water to the dam. At the same time, in the letter, it would build three units (apparently a coal or diesel generator?).
So, are there probably two ore mining projects in Nhan Co?
Or is there a drum beat in the back?
Or is it the same project that was implemented by two different agencies?
Or would the project be described in general terms and experience would be taken during the process of making?
Or merely aiming at formalization of the previous exploitation was to "legitimize" the presence of workers and Chinese experts due to the urgent need of powerful China in the intention of penetrating the Central Highlands of Vietnam?
Maybe, part ... Or the last one is right!
5- On the environmental impact
"On the environmental impact of bauxite mining and alumina production, the Ministry of Industry and Trade and the Vietnam Coal and Mineral Industries Group have studied and proposed measures to reduce red mud pollution. as follows:"(3)
"Impact on the land surface area: Solution: Due to the large area of bauxite distribution, the exploitation method is expected to apply" rolling method and sequence of exploitation ". To divide the field into several areas, to exploit the new areas to move to another area, and to exploit the area in the next area. In the process of removing the topsoil, the topsoil (layer of soil) (?), piles separately to spread with hummus, organic fertilizer on the area to complete. This is most effectively applied at bauxite mines in China..."(4)
If this method was successfully implemented in China, why did TC cease mining hundreds of mines in the water, so that the "wrappers" rushed to send people and machines to a distant place? ….start to do that again"?
We can visualize a chessboard, make a square, then finish (?), Then do it again. It is suggested that after planting, it is necessary to plant trees or exploit industrial plants to return nature to nature, ie to protect the environment and increase the productivity of exploitation, bringing high economic efficiency!
6. About the reclamation of bauxite ore
And even more transcendent is the "stitching" of bauxite ore.
"In order to recover bauxite ore in the Central Highlands, the bauxite ore mines in the Central Highlands have to be sorted. All tailings are designed for recirculating water collection systems, and tailings reservoirs will be leveled and covered with soil after finishing dumps and drains". (5)
Reading to this ore wash, the writer feels ashamed of more than 20 years of experience in purifying sludge and wastewater in the United States, this "sublime" technique has not yet been "learned"! How to extract all of the "huge" amount of sludge in the reservoirs made up of valleys, ravines, and cover the fertile soil. But this is not a job to do, but a "rock break" that turns the valleys into new agricultural areas to increase the welfare of the socialist people!
7. On reducing red mud pollution
"Red mud pollution mitigation measures: Red mud sludge: The red mud of the plant will be treated in the form of backlog, ie in the process of red mud, the maximum content of water in red mud To reduce the amount of liquid in the red mud slurry to 54.4%, the solid red mud is 45.6%, the red mud slurry will use the pump through the pipeline into the red mud reservoir..."( 6)
Normally in the "wet" industry of mining bauxite, after the separation of alumina, the ratio of water in the red mud is 2/1... so it is necessary to dry a large amount of " Bring red mud to 54.4% (?) of water. And with this rate of red mud becoming a solid... So, how to use a pump to put (solid or near solid (hard mud) into the reservoir?
As information, sludge after treatment and biological leaching in our Los Angeles factory has been working, the mud has been drained by pressing under 330 psi pressure, This means that 330 times the air pressure, the dry mud after pressing has a moisture content of over 60% and the hardness is called "cake" (stiffer than green bean cake).
In terms of "red water from mud," it reads: "Regarding the recovery of alkaline water in red mud: using water pipes and towers to collect water for the wells of the circulating pump station red, then the water collected from the red mud reservoir will be pumped back through the backup system to the alumina plant for cleaning the red mud slurry ... "(7)
In 2013, we analyzed a well of water near the Tri An Falls area and discovered the remains of NaOH in the water source. This is a toxic chemical found in the red mud and loose waste of the method of separating alumina from bauxite ore.
With the above process, we do not need to build reservoirs for mining because this is a closed cycle, the water used in the ore clean up will be recreated through drainage, from the red mud.
"Also to prevent red water from spilling out into the environment, red mud reservoirs will be constructed to prevent surface runoff from entering the red mud pond. protect trees, prevent the blooming (landslide) of the dam". (8)
Indeed, the author does not understand at all, though trying to "brainstorm" to find out because of the discourse on the opposite and opposite contrast with the lower part. The water in the red mud has been regenerated and re-used where it is necessary to plant trees to avoid "blooming". And the dry red mud layer is covered with colored soil to recreate the area where industrial crops can be grown!
8- Observation, inspection, and water source
But not yet, the state has come to observe and check the water source timely: To ensure the solution in the red mud (where it has been used again?) would not affect the water source, Tan Rai, and Nhan Co project will follow four observation wells (actually called monitoring wells) to check the upstream and downstream water sources near the red mud lake... "(9)
With a catchment area and red mud reservoir area in the middle of valleys (which has been cleared and reclaimed, does pollution need to be checked?).
And the observation wells have been set according to any standards or designated according to the resolution to establish the mining site?
The sludge was dried and filled up to the excavated ground, how to get water to pump up and analyze the pollution?
9. Radioactive substance impact
And finally the radioactive substance in the red mud. The letter reads: "The bauxite sample analysis of the Tan Rai mine and some foreign mines in Dak Nong (France, Australia) analyzed that the bauxite and red mud in The Central Highlands have absolutely no radioactivity".
Another "socialist" assertion. Please, in natural soil (including air and water) always contains the radiation as alpha, beta, radium and have a concentration in the range of ~ 20PicoCurie / L depending on the region ... As far as information is concerned, industrial leaks such as mine sites or landfill sites have far higher levels of radiation (for more than 25 years, the average radiation found in the vast Los Angeles area is 40 PicoCurie/L). Is this an excuse for "disclosing their hiding place?" (See the article by the same author, "From Bauxite to Uranium? on maithanhtruyet.blogspot1.com")
To conclude on the letter of Deputy Prime Minister Hoang Trung Hai sent to Vietnamese Vice President Nguyen Thi Binh, we can draw some thoughts as follows:
- Vietnam, in spite of the fact that the bauxite mines are being made to produce pure aluminum, are actually in the project, as well as the comments and remarks made by the Communist Party and the Communist Party Politburo. "expanded" to alumina production ie alumina Al2O3 only;
- It can be concluded that this exploitation was not completely studied for the submission of an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) and gas, liquid and solid waste disposal project. This is a mandatory provision of Vietnamese Environmental Laws before the project is licensed;
- The project has not been transparent and has been hidden for more than 10 years, and only the Politburo has been cleared by the Prime Minister of the Communist Party, Nguyen Tan Dung in 2009, after being "discovered" by the people;
- In order to assure public opinion and to explain completely unreasonable scientific and paradoxical explanations of the typical letter of Hoang Trung Hai, one of the highest levels of power, the letter reveals the spirit of disdain for the people and for their knowledge of mine exploitation;
- The project is not feasible because there are too many technical contradictions in the project.
In short, the Tan Rai and Nhan Co projects and six other bauxite ore projects planned in Dak Nong can be considered as a front for world opinion and the point is to formalize the presence of the Chinese in the Central Highlands of Viet Nam, hiding a Chinese military-political plot in the process of invading Vietnam and Southeast Asia through the Han expansion.
At present, no gunshot at the frontier, no cry for help in international public opinion, the Politburo of North Vietnam, the highest authority has colluded or compromised with Beijing to legalize the invasion through mining in the highlands and elsewhere from the North to the South. This form of aggression is treacherous that the international countries cannot condemn the Chinese invaders.
That is a great disaster for the land and water in the current period.
Read here, you have clearly identified:
Who is Tran Ich Tac?
And who is Le Chieu Thong?
Just like no Central Commissioner or pro-American Central!
They all focus on offering their country to Communist China!
What must we do to put an end to the tragedy caused by the communist?
Could the "civil disobedience" solution apply to the urgent situation of Vietnam today?
Notes: Letter from Hoang Trung Hai to Nguyen Thi Binh
* The author is the Chairman of Vietnamese American Science & Technology Society - VAST, Chairman of the Vietnamese Environmental Protection Society - VEPS